what is scalp micropigmentation (smp)?
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is a non-invasive treatment using micro-needles and traditional tattoo equipment to deposit pigment into the scalp to create the appearance and replicate the look of tiny hair follicles to regain the look of fuller hair. SMP adds density to thinning areas, creating an undetectable illusion of thicker, stronger hair. An effective solution to receding, thinning, and and pattern hair loss. SMP also camouflages scarring from hair transplant and trauma. Great for both men and women.
SMP is an excellent alternative to other hair loss solutions:
- No surgery
- Minimal to no maintenance
- No medication
Follow these simple guidelines to preserve the integrity of the pigment and ensure the proper healing of your SMP treatment:
* AVOID chlorinated pools, saunas, steam rooms, and tanning beds for one month post final session.
4-5 Days Post Session:
- Sweat Heavily (avoid intense exercise)
- Rinse, scrub, shampoo the treated area
- Shave over treated area
- Expose to long-term sunlight
- Touch with hands (if necessary, make sure hands are washed and very clean)
- Wear a hat or skullcap (be sure its clean, no dirty hats)
- Lightly DAB area with damp cloth (no soaking with water)
- Sleep any way you wish
- Drink plenty of water
- Take medications as prescribed
5-7 Days Post Session (until your return follow-up treatment):
- Scratch scalp or at tiny scabbing
- Use any shampoos or exfoliants
- Use any self tanners or skin irritants
- Carefully shave or cut your hair (no razors; electric razor or beard trimmers only)
- Lightly rinse with cold or warm water
- Apply a fragrance-free moisturizer
- Resume light exercise (no heavy sweating)
Past Day 10:
- Can wash with a mild shampoo (preferably baby shampoo)
Past Day 30:
- Resume normal activity. Pool use, etc. is permitted.