what is microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, is a skin treatment which has been proven to smooth wrinkles; relax fine lines, wrinkles, and scars (burns and old surgical scarring too!); plump up fine lines; correct rosacea; smooth, correct, improve, relax, reduce and repair the appearance of stretch marks, age and sun spots, skin texture, acne and chicken pox scarring. Longer lasting than artificial injectable collagen. Just one treatment will show a 50% or more improvement in your skin -- a more desirable alternative to chemical peels and laser resurfacing due to lower cost and a shorter healing time of just a few days! Excellent treatment for upper lip lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, scarring, and stretch marks.
- Cost effective, less expensive than Botox and laser treatments.
- Restores skin's elasticity.
- Your own natural collagen is induced.
- Can be performed on most skin types.
- Lightens pigmentation marks; gives color back to hypopigmentation by producing melanin.
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles.
- Immediate results on stretch marks.
- Proven to be very effective in minimizing scars by replacing scar collagen with normal collagen.
- Quick healing time.
- Treatments can be repeated for best results (treatments are performed 4-6 weeks apart).
- Works on all areas of the face, neck, and body.
- Results last 1-2 years or longer. Lasts through natural aging.
what to expect.
Immediately after your Micro Needling procedure, the area may feel tight, dry, and appear flushed like a sunburn and will be red the first 24hrs and will gradually lighten with each following day. Itchiness and tenderness will be present during the healing process.
Day 1: On the day after your procedure, you may clean your face as usual, apply hyaluronic acid (HA) in the morning and at night. Stay away from exfoliants or glycolic acids that are present in cleansers as these can make your skin very dry after the procedure. Be sure to use an approved SPF30 or greater sunscreen.
Days 2-7: Within 2 days following your Micro Needling procedure, you will notice skin dryness and flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. During this period, you may apply your regular skin moisturizer. Days later, your skin will start shedding. These are skin layers that would normally and regularly shed a week later, but the Micro Needling brings this skin to the surface sooner. During this temporary process, your skin will shed and be dry.
Days 7+: A week after the Micro Needling procedure, you will notice your skin is smoother and more radiant. Results vary, but usually a course of 1-3 treatments (maximum of 5, depending on the condition being treated) is typically recommended. If you require MORE procedures than this, you may have an unrecognized underlying medical condition and should consult with your physician.
pre procedure guidelines.
- Maintain good hydration. Drink lots of water!
- No Botox within two weeks of the skin needling procedure.
- No alcohol or caffeine for 2 days before the procedure.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, fish oil, or ibuprofen 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Facial fillers should be at least 12 weeks old.
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR ANY MAKEUP TO THE APPOINTMENT.
- ACCUTANE users MUST be off Accutane for ONE YEAR before being treated.
- The area to be treated must be free of any active acne, cold sores, pimples or infection (anti-viral medication is required for treating areas around the mouth if you are prone to cold sores).
- If possible, shower within the first 30 minutes after the procedure for 10-20 minutes (DO NOT TAKE A BATH). Having tepid water running over the area as well as gently massaging the area, until no surface layer, serum, or blood is felt. This will ensure any dried serum on the skin is adequately removed, which will allow more products to be absorbed and help your skins appearance and outcome of the procedures even more. Apply more hyaluronic acid after the shower.
- A gentle soap & moisturizer (like Cetaphil) may be used to keep the area moist. I recommended washing your face several times after the procedure with a gentle cleanser, 3-4 times a day.
- Apply hyaluronic acid morning and night.
- The area may begin to shed after a couple days, revealing new, pink skin.
- Healing is rapid and the results will be visible in just a few short days and will continue to improve over months.
- After 3 days, or as soon as comfortable, you can return to using your regular skin care regimen and apply mineral makeup when needed. New, mineral-based makeup is recommended. New makeup must be used because of bacteria that can be in an already open bottle.
- AVOID ALCOHOL BASED TONERS FOR TWO WEEKS.
- DO NOT APPLY ANY COOLING AGENTS TO THE AREA, the skin needs to stay inflamed, which is the natural healing process.
- DO NOT TAKE ANY ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEDICATIONS such as ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- AVOID DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE FOR AT LEAST 2-4 WEEKS (wear a hat if out in the sun).
- 24 hours after your treatment, start applying SPF 30 or higher, rain or shine.
- Results vary. Keep in mind the healthier your body is, the better the results your achieve from a microneedling procedure. Your body's function and overall health are reflected in your skin.
- Maintaining good hydration aids in the skins ability to heal and maintain a proper balance. If your body is not getting a sufficient amount of water, the lack of hydration will present itself by turning your skin dry, tight, and flaky. Dry skin has less resilience and is more prone to wrinkling.
- SKIN NEEDLING WILL NOT BE PERFORMED IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.
- I can help you with a skin care regimen from a line that I personally use and sell.